I Love to Tell the Story of Jesus and His Love
Dear St. Luke Church Members and Friends,
Sunday, November 18th is Commitment Sunday at St. Luke. This is the day we begin the process of making our financial commitments in support of the ministry and mission of St. Luke Church for the year ahead. In 2019 we will begin our 191st year of telling the story of Jesus and his love. With thanksgiving for all God has given to us and with anticipation of all God will do through us in the coming year, November 18th is a most appropriate time to make or renew a financial commitment to Christ through his church. God has blessed St. Luke! We have witnessed the wonderful growth of children, youth, college and older adult ministries. We have seen an unprecedented overflow of compassion through missional outreach both locally and globally. Every area of growth and vitality was undergirded by someone’s generous giving.
If you pledged for this year’s budget, we thank you and humbly ask you to renew your pledge for 2019 by completing the form linked below before Commitment Sunday. If you did not pledge this last year, we ask you to prayerfully consider the importance of making a pledge of your financial resources for the work of Christ through St. Luke for 2019. We need our entire church family to participate in this ministry of generous sharing, that we may continue to tell the story of Jesus and his love to all the world.
Please use the form below to prayerfully reflect on your generosity for Christ and prayerfully prepare a pledge of your financial commitment to St. Luke for the year ahead, 2019. Either to the right of your screen or down below (if you’re on mobile) you will find:
- A Narrative Projected Budget for 2019 which offers a revealing breakdown of our ministry priorities as a church
- A Step Profile of our Giving Patterns for this year, 2018, in our congregation
- A Personal Plan for Stewardship Growth based on the biblical principle of the tithe asking you to prayerfully consider a percentage increase in your giving
As you review these items, we ask you to join us in asking one question of yourself and of your family: What percentage (%) of our/my income is God calling us/me to give for the work of Christ in 2019? When we focus on the percentage of income that we give for the cause of Christ, we have the opportunity to compare our giving with what we spend for other things. What does the percentage of your giving say about the priority of God’s kingdom in line with other priorities?
We challenge you to consider these options for your commitment in the year ahead:
- Commit to Tithing—Let 2019 be the year you say, “Lord, I love you and trust you enough to give 10% my income for the cause of Christ. Some of us who have been tithing may accept the challenge that tithing is a minimal covenant commitment and that God is calling us to increase our giving well beyond 10% as God has blessed us.
- Commit to an Increase in your Giving—If tithing seems to be an impossible goal, do not be discouraged or think that your giving is unimportant to God. Commit to increasing your giving by at least 1% of your income in the year ahead. The most important part of this whole stewardship emphasis is that we all grow in grace and faithfulness as disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Commit to Begin Giving—If you have not previously supported the work of your church, let this be the year when, by God’s grace, you commit to begin giving for the work of Christ in this world. Even the smallest gift can make a big difference when joined with the gifts of a covenant community.
In these divided and hate filled days, the world needs our witness of Christ’s redeeming love now more than ever before! As you prepare your financial commitment, may we also ask that you commit to pray regularly for your church? We honestly believe it will be transformative for St. Luke to have everyone praying for St. Luke’s ministry and growing together in grace through the discipline of prayer.
We want to thank each of you for supporting St. Luke. Through your faithful financial support, you join fellow members in telling the story of Jesus and his love.
Yours to Count on In Christ,
Robert Beckum, Senior Pastor