- This event has passed.
St. Luke MidWeek
September 14, 2022 @ 5:30 pm
St. Luke MIDWEEK is the ideal opportunity for our entire church family to come together for fellowship each week. MIDWEEK begins each Wednesday at 5:30 with our family dinner in the Ministry Center followed by various classes, Bible Studies and activities for children, youth, and adults. Dinner is $7.00 per adult and reservations can be made by contacting Sara Vinyard at 706-327-4343.
Breakout sessions beginning Wednesday, August 24, include several six-week options from which adults can choose for growing in the Christian life:
· Fire on the Mountain – Displaying God to a Broken World-A video-based study from That the World May Know ministry highlights the tests and trials of the Hebrew people as they learned obedience to God amidst challenges of belonging to community. See the sights from the locations of these biblical events on the big screen as you gain cultural and geographical context. Rob Ward is leading this in the Large Dining Room.
· Bible Recap “Recap”– For those reading along with the Bible Recap plan, here is your opportunity to discuss what you are reading, share “God shots”, gain clarity in difficult to understand passages and continue to see how ALL scripture (from Genesis to Revelation) reveals God’s plan of redemption and His love for us. Mary Pat Beckum is leading this in Room 110 of the main building (enter from 3rd Ave.).
· Rerouting – The roads of life don’t always take us where we expect to go; loss and difficulty are certain detours we will have to take. Those seeking to find the way back to joy, join this break out as you navigate the steps to seek God’s way through your pain. NOTE: This break out does not begin until September 7, so please feel free to attend Fire on the Mountain or Bible Recap “Recap” August 24 and 31. Marsha Mason is leading this in the Church Conference Room (enter from 3rd Ave.).
· Reboot/Recovery (for active military and veterans) – Helping those who have suffered trauma and tragedy. The faith-based course will assist as you navigate moving forward. If other methods for healing have run their course, this is for you. Jeff Bearden is leading this in the Meeting Room of the Ministry Center (located behind the doors from the welcome desk).
· Christian Medical and Dental (CMDA) students – For our Mercer Medical student family to gather and connect going through specific books of the Bible with expository teaching along with discussion. For our Mercer Medical student family to gather and connect going through specific books of the Bible with expository teaching along with discussion. Doctors Anthony and Lezli Braswell are leading this in the Small Dining Room of the Ministry Center.
· Our K5-5th grade children and students (middle & high school) will go with Jessica Culver and Derek Hay for their time of growing in the faith in community!